Do not hesitage to give us a call or whatsapp. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
The trek to the Kashmir Great Lakes Trek offers a lifetime experience for all the nature lovers and the trekkers. Behold at the captivating views of the Himalayan Range and also the Vishansar Lake during the trek.
Your trekking trail will take you through innumerable meadows, snow-clad glaciers and pinnacles passes, rocky barren lands, struggling streams.You will also pass through many small bridges and ramble on grassy land dotted with yellow flowers and pine forest during your trek. This Kashmir Great Lakes trek package is definitely the best trek for you to do in this year.
Sonamarg (J & K) – Naranag (J & K).
• 90 km drive from Srinagar, approx 3 hours. If you wish, you can take an iconic shikara experience at Dal Lake or amble through Mughal Gardens that unravels many beauties along the way.
• If booked in advance, we can arrange pick up from TRC at 3pm. Our campsite is near the Sindh river (Shitkadi Village).
• Since there are no shops around ensure that you have all that you need already.
• Remember to carry your ID proof in original and 2 photo copies as we have to submit them at the army check post. Spend overnight at a campsite in Sonamarg.
• Altitude: 7800 ft.
• 11 km trek, approx 8 hours
• After the breakfast we trek to Nichnai via Shekdur.
• The trail takes you through meadows, dense forests with Maple, Pine and Bhoj trees. You can enjoy an awesome view of the Sonmarg Valley or the Thajiwas Glacier.
• The trek from Shitkadi to Shekdur is goes through thick forests of pine trees and will take approx 2 and half hours.
• We follow the Nichnai Stream as we trek from Shekdur to Nichnai.
• Lunch at the Nichnai stream, after Shekdur.
• Altitude: 7,800 ft. to 11,500 ft.
• 12 kms trek, approx 7 hours
• Trek from Nichnai to Nichnai Pass is of approx 1 and half hours ascent.
• At the top of Nichnai Pass you can get B.S.N.L network, which is the last point under mobile coverage area.
• From Nichnai pass to Vishansar there is a descent.
• Lunch will be at Vishansar campsite.
• We can visit the Vishansar Lake which is 15 minute walk from the campsite. The first lake of the trek and one of the most beautiful ones.
• If the trek is in July, the lake will be frozen. Otherwise, we can do fishing at the lake with permission from Srinagar Fishing Department.
• Vishansar is visited by hoards of sheep and their shepherds are known for interesting stories.
• The campsite is a unique place with an open ground and you can play volleyball, cricket etc.
• Beware of dogs at campsite
• Altitude: 11,500 ft to 12,000 ft via 13100 ft.
• You may visit Kishansar lake, which is at approx 1 and half kms from our camp site.
• If the weather is not good we will use acclimatization day at vishansar or else move towards next camp site, rest day can be use at Gangbal camp site.
• Altitude: (12,000ft) to (12,000ft) via (13,750ft)
• 14 kms trek, approx 10 hours
• We start the trek earlier than usual.
• The trail passes from Vishansar to Gadsar, via Gadsar pass the highest point of the trek.
• From Vishansar, the trail takes a steep ascent till Gadsar Pass.
• We can see the Kishansar Lake on the way.
• From the Gadsar pass till the camp site, we descend gradually.
• We can spot the Gadsar lake en route.
• You might also spot the Glacier of Gadsar Lake.
• After the Gadsar lake, we will reach the campsite in 2 hours.
• Just a few minutes before our campsite, we will have another army checkpoint and we will have to share our ID proofs with them.
• Pack lunch will be provided.
• Altitude: 12,000 ft to 12,000 ft
• 9 kms trek, approx 6 hours trek
• Mid July to mid August, the trail is laden in vibrant flowers.
• We need to share our IDs at another army check post en route. .
• Moving on, we see two small lakes which are often mistaken as Satsar Lakes.
• We will visit the Satsar twin lakes, in the afternoon, which are approx 1.3 h
• Stasar twin lakes are also known as mengen top.
• Those twin lakes are between the middle of the mountain.
• Altitude: 12,000 ft to 11,500 ft 13000
• 11 kms trek, approx 6 hours
• We walk on rocky paths for approx an hour and ascend till Jazz Pass.
• At the pass, you can enjoy views of the 4 lakes, Mt. Harmukh and its glacier.
• From the pass we descend till the Gangbal lake and camp at Nandkol lake.
• We visit the Gangbal Lake, which is one of the largest lakes in the trek.
• Post dinner, a team of Kashmiri staff will perform their traditional songs and dance.
• Altitude: 11,500 ft to 7,450 ft
• 15 km trek, approx 7 hours
• The trail is a descent till the last point of the trek – Naranag, so take care of your knees and ankles.
• The trail will pass through pine tree forests.
• On advance booking, We can arrange transport to Srinagar at a charge.
• After the 70 km drive, you will reach Srinagar by 6:30 pm.
* Please note that prepaid sim cards do not work in Kashmir. Don’t forget your ID proof in original and 2 photocopies. On Day 8, you’ll reach Srinagar between 6:30 pm and 7:30 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
For a detailed fitness routine: http://www.steptohimalayas.com/fitness-&-health/
You must have done a small trek of 2-3 days before and hiked to an altitude of more than 3000 meters.
The base of Kashmir Great Lakes trek is Sonamarg. Sonamarg is 80 km away from Srinagar and can be reached by taxi or bus. Similarly, on the way back, Naranag is around 55 Kms from Srinagar and one can easily get a taxi from Naranag to Srinagar. To get to Srinagar –
By Air: There are multiple flights daily directly from Delhi to Srinagar or connecting flights from all major cities. This is the easiest way to reach Srinagar.
By Rail: Although Srinagar has a railway station, it is not linked to the Indian Railway network. The closest national railway station is Jammu Tawi, from where Srinagar is 270 km away. There are multiple trains from Delhi and Chandigarh to Jammu Tawi. From Jammu, you can make the road journey to Srinagar either via private or state-run buses or private taxi.
By Road: The road distance from Delhi to Srinagar is 800 km if you are taking a taxi or driving down in a private vehicle. Direct buses to Srinagar are available from Jammu.
All major networks have coverage in Sonamarg and Naranag. However, all outstation prepaid connections do not work in J&K. You will need either a postpaid connection or a local prepaid connection.
We dig dry pit toilets for every batch of 7 people on the trek. A separate tent is installed over it.
ID Proof (Soft Copy to be sent to us in Advance & original to be carried) and Medical Certificate (Soft Copy to be sent to us & original to be carried) are the mandatory documents required for the trek.